- Style Of Leadership: There is no one single recipe to be a great leader, first trait is to be yourself and have a style of your own. Effectiveness of a leadership is directly proportional to the context (environment, industry, nature of work & type of people you handle).
- Courage: You step back, your team does the same. As a leader you need to be man enough to speak when you have to. (customer, top management doesn't matter).
- Talk less: Show "How to get things done?", rather than lecturing for hours.
- Understanding individuals: Every human being is unique and they get motivated for some, and may not for some. You need to understand, better than being a clown.
- Panic - Band Wagon: Don't jump in to the panic band wagon when the whole team is already in their. These are times of fight back and thinking rationale and no time for panic.
- Innovation: Just like how one goal can bring the spirit back into the team. It's important to keep innovating, this means a lot of positive energy, openness to compete.
- Be a real captain: You should be the last person to jump from a wrecking ship, Believe me this means a lot of guts.
- Winning Habit: Everybody wants to be on a winning team, winning is a critical factor for further success as a leader. All you can do here is to give yourself a best chance, leave the rest to the fate...
Sunday, July 11, 2010
8 Traits of a Great Leader
One question keeps popping up all the time "What makes a true leader ?". In all my years of experience, i have seen many leaders whom i really admire, worship & imitate (to be frank). I am very sure everyone of us would have such icon, and their influence on each one of our work hence this is "My Version or Belief of a Great leader".
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Awesome writing about leadership..have read a few books on this topic..this one is really plain and practical :)...good one
Just awesome, Senthil
Thanks guys, appreciate taking time reading it.
Fact has been written here.
clear and wonderful thoughts... you can be a good leader ;)
U r a good leader .
interesting insight...liked it :)
its owesome.its based on practical Knowledge.http://www.sqiar.com/solutions/technology/tableau/
Post a Comment