Thought it's not too late to write about JUnit, hence pen down on myths & misunderstanding of unit testing as a concept.
JUnit(Unit Testing) is a beautiful, simplistic framework to do unit testing of your software components. As the name states, breaking huge software problem into manageable pieces and test it in a "divide and conquer" fashion.
In my experience
- Project managers view of JUnit, as a single medicine to all their software problems.- Manager
- Project which is nearing 90% complete and deciding to write JUnit :) :) just because your management shouts on the quality.- Management
- Writing JUnit as my manager and tech leads force me to do so. - Developer
- Have 100+ Testcase, still i doubt my application breaks. - Quality Assitance
- "Writing JUnit is simple, Write once and Run anywhere Unit Test case needs skill".
- "Write Code to make your JUnit pass" - TDD
- "Developer should write more JUnit Testcase than the code itself" - Test Coverage
Writing JUnit also means changes to the actual code, to be able to run on a testable mode otherwise the unit test will not be effective.
nice thought senthil, it helps better if u could share the snippets to mock queues and other network dependencies.
Would definitely do so in future blogs.
Post a Comment